Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Julie in Africa


Here is a short email from her describing what she is doing:

There is a clinic and hospital that IU school of medicine have been helping for the last 10-15 years. IU asked if we would be interested in providing support for the pharmacy. Students from Purdue will also be here for 2 months at a time. They will be mostly in the hospital helping to take care of patients there. I am spending most of my time helping the clinic pharmacist make reports to prove to our drug suppliers that they are going to need to be providing a lot of drug soon. The HIV program actually consist of 8 different sites. Some near Eldoret and some quite far. The program is the biggest of its kind in Africa.

It has been good so far although I am busy all the time. Seems from the time I get up till bed I am on the go. Makes for the time to go by quickly.

We need to decide where we will be going this weekend. I am kind of voting for somewhere near.

Love, Julie

No comments: