Saturday, December 01, 2007

Evel Kneivel

Evel Kneivel recently passed on to the great jumping ramp in the sky. I remember seeing him on TV quite often growing up. His jump over the Snake River Canyon is my first memory of a greatly hyped event. Unfortunately, it literally fizzled out. I also remember a toy and a comic book.

I think both the toy and the comic were Tim's. I remember the toy being relatively fun (i.e. one that was played with more than once). Tim, do you have the toy and/or the comic? They're selling for about $40 and $20 on EBay!


Tim's Response: I probably have the comic still in one of the many boxes in the closet. The toy motorcycle didn't survive the many many jumps. The Evel Kneivel action figure (doll) though is still at the parent's house I believe. Last time I saw it, it was in our old bedroom closet's top shelf.

No comments: