Thursday, April 28, 2011

Why airports' "liquid and gels" rules are absurd

I have never pulled my zip lock bag of toiletries as required according to the TSA rules while going through security at the airport. I enjoy the "show of security" and hoping there is more real security going on than it seems, but I am not an optimist.

Below is a story from salon.com about the topic. Enjoy!

Why airports' "liquid and gels" rules are absurd

As of yesterday, the last thing I had in mind was another airport security rant. But you know how these things go. Just when you think you've seen the worst, you encounter something so head-spinningly stupid that you feel compelled, even obligated, to write about it.

And by you, I mean me.

The safety-scissors incident in Bangkok was depressing enough.

This time, again traveling off-duty as a passenger, I was snagged at a checkpoint for not having my liquids and gels sequestered in the approved, one-quart zip-top bag. Mind you, I never travel with my liquids and gels sequestered in the approved, one-quart zip-top bag, but normally this isn't an issue. I carry a zip-top with me just in case, but until now I've never had to use it.

Read the rest  at: Why airports' "liquid and gels" rules are absurd

No comments: