Monday, September 08, 2003

A Quote

Sam exposed me to many wonderful things in our short 9 years together.

Babatunde Olatunji is one of them.

I first heard this quote from him at a small gym in Palo Alto where he was playing (sometime in 1998, I believe).

It made an impact on myself and Samantha and is a quote that says simply something that I deeply believe in.

"Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery.
And today? Today is a gift.
That's why we call it the present".

---Babatunde Olatunji

2 comments:

Mom said...

This is one of the best quotes I have heard in a long time. Everyone should live their lives by it. You never know what is going to happen tomorrow and it is too late to worry about yesterday. Keep up the good work Tim. I am very proud of you. Love you.

Sandy said...

This is a beautiful sentiment...and your plans to fill your time and memorialize Samantha's spirit remind me of some others I think might be applicable..."the fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose." (Hada Behjar)..and "kind words may be short...but their echoes are endless. (Mother Teresa) and, "When you get into a tight place, hang on--for that is just the place and time the tide will turn." (Harriet Beecher Stowe)
Oh heck, I have a box full of these quotes I've collected since high school...the art teacher at the junior high used them in a unit for kids to make wall paper art with, and Meg used some on ceramic tiles she made in college.
Good Luck. Love, Sandy