Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Quick Update

I am actively working on making sure Samantha's name, personality, and dreams live.

I am meeting with the CEO of a local Bay Area charity on Monday. The charity name is InnVision - The Way Home.

Sam had a very special place in her heart for children. We struggled in our 9 years together to start a family. Sam always seemed her happiest when she was around kids.

I hope to work with InnVision in a couple of ways. I have a name for the charity work that I plan to use. The name: Samantha Everett - For Today

First, to create a pool of money in her name that will be used to help the moms and children that are under the age of 5. Sam and her Mom (Jan) lived in very challenging circumstances when Sam was little. The beauty and greatness of Sam was amazing as an adult. I hope to be able to help effectively a "little Sam", to help a child as much as possible when in such circumstances to be able to shine even brighter as an adult. At times, Samantha seemed to just glow with brilliance. Maybe with my help in her name, we can help a child shine as bright every single day.

Second, I plan to donate my time personally with an organization. Providing only money is good, but even better for me will be actively working.

The other projet that I am currently undertaking is getting our collection of family photographs scanned into a digital format. I will be putting together a slideshow on DVD for the Memorial that is planned for October 18th.

My initial focus is on pictures that include Sam in them. I have over 600 negatives alone from our wedding photographers. I think the initial batch of photos that will be getting scanned is around 700 - 800 pictures.

Since I host this web site on my home computer, it will be very easy for me to provide access to the pictures once they are available.

I hope everybody is doing good,
Love,
Tim

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Hi Tim
I've been back and forth about whether or not I should post anything. I wasn't close to Sam like everyone else, but we did hang out some when Sheryl was here. We did also talk a lot at the games. From what I knew, Sam was a great person!! She was the type of person that could talk to anyone and I admired that about her. She made friends wherever she went. I look at some of the pictures that you have posted and I still can't believe it.
Tim, I also wanted to let you know that there are a few people from the Sharks practices that have asked me about when the services/memorial would be. I told them I wasn't sure because I wanted to check with you first to see if it would be ok if they came. Let me know either way. Take Care and let me know if you need anything.

Sandy said...

Hi Tim,
Your getting involved with the charity to help kids is a great idea. It will be very fulfilling for both your heart and mind...as you well know, not all kids had a warm, safe, loving family like yours, and I don't think you could do anything better in Sam's name than to offer hope to other children who might have been in the same situation as hers. Meg was really turned around when she took the training and worked to help the abused women and children's shelter and the teen crisis center. Another old saying..."the heart that gives--gathers." Love, Sandy

Kimberley said...

Tim, Your plans to work with InVision sound great - I'm sure they'll really appreciate having you involved in their lives. Thank you so much for sharing the pictures of Sam, too. For me, who didn't know her very well, I really appreciate these insights into the special times of her life. Take care, and you're friends are thinking of you! Have a happy birthday today. kimberley