Tuesday, March 23, 2004

$13,683,000

I am rich!!! (or could it be that the below emails are scams). For all the spam I get, I find the below two spam messages the most interesting.

They are scams, so please don't contact the individuals. They are presented simply for entertainment purposes.

Email #1: offering $5.5 million dollars for an honest person that will work with him (though I think by definition, taking money that isn't yours is not considered honest).

Dear EVERETT,

STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL

I am Barrister,TUNDE AJAYI,Barrister and solicitor at law,I am
the personal attorney to late Engr.MARTY EVERETT,a foreigner an oil
merchant/Contractor,herein shall be refered as my client.

On the 21st of October 2000, my client, his wife and their three
children were involved in a ghastly auto accident along Sagbama
Express Road, and unfortunately, all occupants of the vehicle lost
their lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy
to locate any of my client's extended relatives, this has also proved
unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided
to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of
his family or any close name to his,hence I contacted you.

I am contacting you to assist in repatrating the money and property
left behind by my client before they get confisicated or declared
unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged,
particularly the ACCESS BANK where the deceased had his account
valued at about US$5.5 million dollars. The bank has issued me a
notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated
within the next twentyone official working days. Since I have been
unsuccesfull in locating the the relatives for over 2 years now,
I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased
since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account
valued at US$5.5 million dollars can be paid to you and then you
and I can share the money according to any agreed ratio. All I require
is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through.
I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement
that will protect you from any breach of the law.

PLEASE CONTACT ME ONLY THROUGH MY DIRECT
IMMEDIATELY YOU READ THIS MAIL.

Best Regards,

BARRISTER,TUNDE AJAYI

Email #2 $8.183 million dollars

Mr Xtian Kwuma
Manager,credit
foreign bills
Cemac Bank Plc,
Benin Rep.
Email:- xtiankwu@bonjour.fr

Dear Everett,

Compliments of the season. It is indeed my pleasure to write to you this
letter, which I believe might be a surprise you because we have not met
neither in person nor by correspondence, but I believe that it takes just
one day to get to meet or know someone either physically or through correspondence.as we are both complete strangers.

I am Mr Xtian Kwuma, the manager, credit and foreign bills of Cemac
bank Plc,Benin. I am writing in respect of a foreign customer of my bank
who perished in Egyptian Air Flight with the whole passengers aboard on
31st oct 1999. Since the demise of this our customer,I personally has watched
with keen interest to see the next of kin but all has proved abortive as no one
has come to claim his funds of USD$8.183m[Eight million One hundred and
Eighty-three thousand united states dollars] which has been with my branch for a very long time.On this note, I decided to seek for whom his name shall
be used as the next of kin as no one has come up as his relation. And the
country law here does not allow such money to stay more than Five years,for the money will be recalled to the government treasury as unclaimed after this
period.Upon the receipt of your response, I will send to you the application, bank's contact and the next step to take. I will not fail to bring to your notice
that this business is hitch free and that you should not entertain any fear as
all modalities for fund transfer can be finalized within five banking days,
after you apply to the bank as a relation to the deceased.

When you receive this letter. Kindly send me an e-mail signifying your
decision.Including your private Tel/Fax numbers for quick communication. I
will be very happy if you can treat this business with the utmost secrecy it
demands because of my position in this bank.

Hoping for a very successful business relationship with you.

Respectfully submitted,
Mr Xtian Kwuma

NOTE:- FROE SECURITY REASONS PLEASE REPLY TO THIS
E-MAIL ADDRESS :- xtiankwu@bonjour.fr


3 comments:

Tim said...

Here is a link that explains similiar scams based out of Nigeria. I also got an email based on this scam in the last 6 months at my work email.
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/scams/nigeria.htm

SteveE said...

I was also going to point out the www.snopes.com website. This website is great for getting information on whether email one receives is true, false, or somewhere in between. For example, last week we received an email from somebody at school about a supposed virus that infected her machine and was sent to us, the anti-virus software couldn't detect it, along with intructions on how to delete a file. I was suspicious that the anti-virus software couldn't detect the virus, so I went to www.snopes.com, searched on a keyword and found out the email was a hoax.
Sometimes (but rarely) emails are true. Somebody here at work posted an email about a group of passengers at the Baltimore airport giving up their seats on an overbooked flight for soldiers on leave from Iraq. It turns out that the story was true according to snopes.com as they tracked down the original author of the email and confirmed the event with other passengers.
www.snopes.com is also a lot of fun to browse. For example, there's a whole section on Disney trivia (some true, most false).

T Freeman said...

Here is the same thing, using the MARTY FREEMAN
Dear Freeman,
STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL
I am Barrister,TUNDE AJAYI,Barrister and solicitor at law,I am the personal attorney to late Engr.MARTY FREEMAN,a foreigner an oil merchant/Contractor,herein shall be refered as my client.
On the 21st of October 2000, my client, his wife and their three children were involved in a ghastly auto accident along Sagbama Express Road, and unfortunately, all occupants of the vehicle lost their lives. Since then I have made several enquiries to your embassy to locate any of my client's extended relatives, this has also proved unsuccessful. After these several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to track his last name over the Internet, to locate any member of his family or any close name to his,hence I contacted you.
I am contacting you to assist in repatrating the money and property left behind by my client before they get confisicated or declared unserviceable by the bank where this huge deposits were lodged, particularly the ACCESS BANK where the deceased had his account valued at about US$5.5 million dollars. The bank has issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or have the account confiscated within the next twentyone official working days.
Since I have been unsuccesfull in locating the the relatives for over 2 years now, I seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last name so that the proceeds of this account valued at US$5.5 million dollars can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money according to any agreed ratio. All I require is your honest co-operation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law.
PLEASE CONTACT ME ONLY THROUGH MY DIRECT PHONE NUMBER:234-80-28268949 AND EMAIL:barristertundeajayi@coolgoose.com IMMEDIATELY YOU READ THIS MAIL.
Best Regards,
BARRISTER,TUNDE AJAYI