Thursday, June 24, 2004

Next Project

The next project that I am going to fund is my backyard. Approaching 9 years of being in the house, it is probably time to get the backyard put in.

I use the word "fund" because I am very fortunate and grateful to be able to pay for the work, with the big big real reason that I am simply lazy. My Dad can attest to that fact since I always tried to make myself scarce when there was yard work to do growing up.

I am having the weeds taken care of this weekend. On my return from the last trip to CT, I had a letter from the City of San Jose, informing me of the code violation that is called my backyard.

Next week on Tuesday, I will be meeting with a landscape company to get a quote on both design work as well as installation.

I have a few ideas about how I want the backyard. Sam and I had many discussions and it will be great to see some of our ideas come to life.

The three key ideas are:
- patio area that is private from the neighbors around me
- fountain / water feature
- plants that are fragrant, with the possiblitity of attracting hummingbirds and butterflies (I believe butterflies are attracted by flowers... another reason I need a landscape designer)

2 comments:

Sheryl Anselmo said...

Tim...
Have you ever heard of HGTV???
How about Landscaper's Challenge???
Maybe you ought to give them a call and they can help with the whole backyard ordeal!!!
Just a suggestion!
The house looks great though!

Mom said...

Tim, there is a bush that is called a butterfly bush. We have one. Each year it grows bigger so you may want to keep that in mind as far as where to place it. It has purple flowers and it does attract butterflies. You may want to check into it. Glad to hear of your improvements in the backyard. Be sure to send pictures.