Tim, sorry I deleted the picture of Miss San Jose from my phone. I couldn't take looking at that Random Guy who got into the picture staring at me.
But instead, here's my game report.
Sharks won 6-3! They looked great after a lackluster first period. Dany Heatley scored a hat trick with the last goal coming on a penalty shot. Thornton had 4 assists.
* Tim and I had a nice sandwich at Togo's. I had my usual meatball sandwich. It appeared Tim had pastrami.
* Tim's seats have new neighbors on both sides. Tim actually spoke to his neighbors on the right, ending a streak of 45+ games of not speaking to the previous neighbor.
* Even with the Sharks scoring six goals, I didn't see any high fives between Tim and his new neighbors on the right. I'll continue to monitor the situation for any developments.
* I'm concerned about the new neighbor on the left however. She's a yeller and a clapper, doing so constantly - LET'S GO PATTY...CLAP CLAP CLAP...WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING...CLAP CLAP CLAP...GO SHARKS...SHOOT THE PUCK...BOYLE DON'T GIVE UP THE PUCK...CLAP CLAP CLAP...LETS GO SHARKS. Repeat (many times).
* Neither Tim nor I joined in the lame attempt at The Wave that some of the bored fans tried to start in the upper bowl. And we never will. This isn't some football game from the Eighties.
* Both Tim and I labeled some guy a dumbass for trying to orchestrate the lame attempt at The Wave. I yelled at him to sit down.
I couldn't believe Nabokov was doing his pregame warmups in an outdoors inflatable rink with kids shooting plastic pucks at him. No wonder he's been playing so poorly.
The players lined up before the faceoff for the traditional opening game introductions.