Wednesday, October 01, 2003

New Year's Eve '94

Samantha and I shared a very special night together on New Year's Eve 1994. We had meet in October, so this was our first special date, our first New Year's Eve together.

I borrowed a "funky" suit from my brother. She and I went to a beautiful dinner in Capitola at Shadowbrook. Followed by a short drive into Santa Cruz for a round of indoor minature golf.

Samantha always seemed to make it a point to hit the golf ball as hard she could at some point... She rarely finished a round of minature golf with her ball.

After golf, we went to see a local band called Pele Juju.

It was a great night, great music, dancing, and most of all, a night spent with a beautiful woman.

The drive home was exciting for a couple of reasons... the first because she and I witnessed a car accident on Highway 17, a very curvy and windy road. All we saw was sparks flying as a car in front of us scraped against a barrier.

The big reason that night was special roughly 9 years ago was that I had planned along to tell Samantha that I loved her for the very first time. My heart was racing...

Once we got back to my little apartment in Mountain View, I said the words "I love you, Samantha" for the very first, the first time of many...

No comments: