Monday, October 20, 2003

Remember

Samantha was my best friend, my partner, and the love of my life. Even though our life together was short, 9 years, I felt I knew her my entire life.

I will remember the New Year Eve where the words "I love you, Samantha" were spoken for the very first time.

I will remember the Monterey night in October, 7 years ago, where Sam agreed to be my wife while tears of happiness ran down each of our faces.

I will remember the many trips to Disneyland, Great America, Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point riding roller coasters until we both felt that we had concussions and convincing each other to ride "just one more".

I will remember her laughing.

I will remember the night we spent in a parking lot, so that we could buy our dream home together. Never quite believing that it was real.

I will remember going to my first Grateful Dead concert with Sam. Learning to share her love for the music. The pain she felt when she learned of the death of Jerry Garcia.

I will remember having to drag her to her first San Jose Sharks game and being dragged by her to every game afterwards.

I will remember sharing popcorn and a soda with her at movies.

I will remember her smile as she spent time with the kids in her life. As well as the pain she felt with the difficulties we had in having a child.

I will remember her driving and always waiting until she really should be paying attention to her driving to start using her cell phone but I will also remember many long drives, listening to music, and enjoying her singing along with the music.

I will remember the love that she shared with me.

I will remember her.

I love you Sunny

2 comments:

Linda said...

Tim, this is a beautiful and touching piece. Thank you for sharing it with us. Linda

Mom said...

Dear Tim, I just wanted to let you know how proud I am of you. Everyone on earth should have someone like you to show them love. You did such a good job with your beautiful tribute to Sam. We were very glad to have been there to share it with you.