Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Wikipedia

Here is a good resource via the internet: Wikipedia - the Free Encyclopedia.

Still doing research on a question from Nephew Dale about the relationship of speed and time. The question is basically why does time slow down when speed approaches the speed of light.

Both Steve and I bumbled around trying to answer but essentially all that we could come up with was "because"... Never a good answer.

I believe it has something to do with E=mc2 but that was a weak attempt on my part. Answer simply because I know that is an equation associated with Einstein and his Relativity Theories.

I need to do some reading on Special Relativity and General Relativity to understand enough to boil it down into "lay man's" term or at least "nephew Dale" terms.

Based on very little reading, I have hope that my initial of answer is at least partially true.


No comments: