Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Quite a Storm

Here is an email I got from my parents. Seemed like last Friday was one heck of a storm. Power was out for basically four days as well as 6 trees were destroyed. My parents live in southwestern Michigan in a small town called Sister Lakes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Everybody, Ya, Wahoo Yippee We have lights. They came back on about 9:00 tonight. I guess that's not too bad. Only in the dark since Friday noon. They still haven't come to take care of the trees so guess that's the next project. Sandy called tonight and they don't have lights but are getting close as some American Electric Power people were there talking to them tonight. When I saw all of the power repair trucks going by our house tonight I really felt like cheering.

P S to Tim: Hopefully you know what I am talking about. A very strong storm went through on Friday about noon and we lost the big tree in the front yard. Plus three pines (Sure didn't cry about them), the oldest crabapple tree and part of the maple tree in the back yard. Nothing hit the house or Dad's car. Two pine trees came down close to it. One in the back and one on the side of it. So since then we have been hauling water from the fire station and going to bed early.

Hope to talk to all of you soon. Love to all, Mom

No comments: