Thursday, August 07, 2003

Family History

Last night I decided to request Google to crawl the Everett Family Blog. That simply means that at some point people might be able to find the site via searching on Google.

Because of that I did a few searches on Google to see what is out there... I did bump into a site called Everett Families of the South. I couldn't tell when this site was last updated but it seemed intriguing at the surface.

I am always very intrigued about Everett genealogy. I know that Dad has a lot of material. Is there anything that I can do to help? Is there any material that is possibly in a form that I can put up on the site?

I always thought things like the Sons of the American Revolution organizations to be kinda hokey as a kid, but as I get older... my opinion changes. I actually think it would be very cool to belong to such organizations, knowing that I have an ancestor that fought to create the United States.

Based on things that I have read, it seems like people with the surname of Everett were very early settlers to America (as in the 1600's).

Off-Topic Comment: I believe it is fairly easy for anybody to create an entry to the site. It is a little bit more involved than putting in a comment. Let me know if you would like to be added as an author. I made Steve E. an author a week or so ago to test if it was possible.

2 comments:

Steven A. Everett said...

I also think that the genealogy work that Dad is doing is very interesting. Here's another Everett site that I had found previously,
http://gen.texsteve.com/everettsite/default.htm.
It has accounts of our war with our enemies, the Tutts.

ruth said...

would love to chat. i do everett research too. the site you are talkiing about is a distant cousin that lives out west. i'm still in mississippi and you? what everett's are you kin to? where are they from? mom or dad and everett. etc. e-me back and maybe we are kin?@?