Monday, August 21, 2006

Polar Bear (animal fact)(left hand alert)


I had recently seen a fact that if true would be very cool.

The fact: Polar Bears are left handed

Here are a few links that state that fact:

Skinny lightning bolts, southpaw polar bears, long and short of spiders
The Left-Handed Page > Fun Facts
Did you know?



Here is a site though that I have decided to believe.

Polar Bears International - Bear Facts

It states "Another recurrent myth is that the great white bears are left-pawed. Scientists observing the animals haven't noticed a preference. In fact, polar bears seem to use their right and left paws equally."

Based on my research: I don't believe polar bears are left handed.

Can anybody find more relevant information that either confirms or disproves my belief?

No comments: