Thursday, August 10, 2006

Television Show Observation

I have been watching a fair amount of CSI and X-Files recently. Something that I have noticed on the shows just doesn't make sense to me.

There seems to be an inordinate amount of flashlight usage. Oddly enough CSI Miami doesn't seem to have this problem, it is always sunny and bright there.

For example: a recent X-Files that I watched involved 14 people dying in a darkened movie theatre. When Scully and Mulder investigate, instead of turning on all of the house lights, they wander thru the theatre with flashlights.

On CSI, they are constantly doing the same thing. I can understand when they pull out those fancy filters for the flash lights to view for various items that glow under specific frequencies... but why not flip on the lights when doing the initial look around.

Heck... Edison invented the light bulb in 1879 just for that reason, to shine a little light, to allow us humans to see things when the sun goes down.

I still enjoy the shows, but I can't help thinking to myself "flip the switch, it is right there by the door".

No comments: